Featuring "Sweet Tea Jewels" designer & "Little Southern Life" blogger Amanda Scott
And she isn't just a pretty face...Amanda likes to call herself a "mompreneur," but no matter what she calls herself; it's for certain that we can call her "busy!" She is a wife, mother, blogger, and business women, and with so much on her plate; I'm thankful I could steal her away for a moment to learn "What makes her tick?", in our new interview segment "20 Questions with Nicole Moore."
1. How did you get started making bangles?
I started making bangles over a year ago because I wanted to wear beautiful gemstones on my arm. I knew exactly the ones I wanted, and that the styles I wanted I hadn't seen before. So I made them for myself!
2. What's the hardest thing about your job?
Time management. There's always a customer to email, picture to post, or supplier to call and reorder from. I wish I had 8 arms.
3. What's your favorite thing about your job?
Being my own boss. I have a type-A personality so being in control of everything works for me.
4. What inspires you during the bangle making process?
Finding new gemstones and colors to work. I love changing different bangles out of a stack to create new looks.
5. What is your favorite bangle you have ever made?
That's so hard, because they always change, but I really love the golden girl. It's a gold coin druzy, and it's the perfect neutral for any occasion.
6. What music might be playing while bangles are being made?
We like to turn Sirius radio on our TV, and listen to the Hits 1 station. I'm so obsessed with "cool for the summer" right now, it has been stuck in my head for a few days.
7. What is a current fashion trend obsession?
Suede fringe. Cannot get enough. I'm so attracted to it. It completely intoxicates me, and when I see it I almost never can stop myself from adding it to my collection.
8. Who is your fashion icon?
My style changes day to day... right now I'm really loving boho chic so blogger Cara Lorenwww.caraloren.com has captured my attention.
9. What is your favorite color?
PINK, PINK, PINK!
10. Diamonds or Pearls?
Neither - rubies!
11. Who is you favorite designer, beside of course Me (Nicole Moore)?
Reese Witherspoon just started her own line named Draper James, and I really connect with her pieces!
12. What are three things that are always in your purse?
Honest diapers, Zoe Organics Mama Ritual Oil roll-on, and Au Natural Lip Gloss
13. What is your favorite season?
Summer, I was a mermaid in another lifetime I suppose. I could live in the water with the sun on my face.
14. The city or the country?
Both have their perks, but I love the country! Everything is simpler, quieter and it's beautiful. Now that online shopping allowing everything at my fingertips, why would I ever leave?
15. What is the best thing about living in the south?
It's so hard to choose just one thing! I love how beautiful everything is. Magnolia trees with moss hanging in them and front porches with rocking chairs!
16. What is the worst?
Fashion trends arrive later and stay longer.
17. What is your favorite website, besides your own?
I don't really frequent websites right now so I have to say www.netflix.com. I'm on a "Once Upon A Time" binge!
18. Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?
Instagram! I love connecting to like-minded women!
19. What is something you hope your children learn from you?
Compassion. I want them to always want to help others, because you never know what someone else is going through.
20. What are you most excited about in life right now?
Seeing all of my hard work pay off. Even if it's just a little pat on the back, it means the word when you work 24/7.